Art Submission Guidelines
Camera-ready artwork should be provided with proper shape and size dimensions. Typically, we print your art "as is." We assume you have color corrected, trapped and adjusted the images to your satisfaction prior to submission. For color matching, we may request a hard copy proof of your art.Software:
.EPS (Encapsulated PostScript), .AI (Adobe Illustrator), .PDF (Adobe Reader), .TIFF (High Resolution Tiff FIle), .JPG (300 DPI), .BMP (300 DPI), .PSD (Adobe Photoshop), and .CDR (Corel Draw). Make sure colors are defined as either spot or CMYK depending on the intended final print. Convert all text to curves/outlines to avoid font problems.
- InDesign and QuarkXPress: All placed images should be sized at 100%, not enlarged or reduced in the layout, and original image files must be provided with the layout document. PDF layout templates are available upon request.
- Photoshop: We use Photoshop to edit and correct all photographic images and complex illustrations. As with all submitted work, images should be sized and cropped to final size. When a clipping path is needed, create it by using pen tools and establish the fewest number of control points possible. When saving a file with a clipping path, please set flatness to at least 3 pixels. Changing the resolution of an image from, for example, 72ppi to 300ppi will not improve the appearance of the file - it will actually be the correct resolution, but still appear "low res".
- Illustrator and Corel Draw: Make sure colors are defined as either spot or CMYK depending on the intended final print. Convert all text to curves/outlines to avoid font problems. Do not embed fonts in Corel Draw. As with a layout program, placed images must be sent along with the Illustrator file and should be properly sized and cropped in the originating program prior to placement.
- E-Mail: Files smaller than 3 MB are acceptable through e-mail at email@example.com.
- FTP: Use our Upload Utility or call for FTP instructions.
An editable version of all files, including linked and placed images, must be submitted. Native (source) files are preferred. Photoshop files should be submitted as TIFF or EPS format (300 dpi is preferred). All files should be saved to the desired size and resolution.Color Matching:
Colors should be defined as either spot or CMYK. Spot colors should have a PMS match or you may send a color chip for us to match. RGB files need to be converted to CMYK. Note that CMYK requires four color process printing and will incur higher print charges. Call for details.
- Color Target: Send samples of printing or items to match for color when your order is placed. We can't match your target if we can't see it.
- Color Conversion: Colors should be defined as either spot or CMYK (4-Color Process). All spot colors will be matched to the Pantone® COATED color guide. Converting spot or RGB colors to CMYK will change the appearance of the color, sometimes dramatically.
- Special Inks - Offset Lithography: COATED Pantone® (PMS) colors are stocked. Specialty ink colors PMS 871 Gold, 876 Copper, and 877 Silver may also be in stocked. Special order inks, such as metallic and fluorescent, are available (special charges apply).
We can scan both reflective and transparent media. Reflective scans have a maximum size of 8"x14". Transparencies should be at least a 4"x5". Upon request, larger formats can be scanned, but lead times may be lengthened.Mixed Media Art:
When submitting art, avoid sending both digital and analog art if possible. Some analog art may need to be rebuilt in order to be added to digital art.Fonts:
We recommend Postscript fonts rather than TrueType fonts.Bleed:
A 1/8" bleed is required on all sides of submitted art.Rebuilding Artwork - Art Services:
When necessary, we can rebuild most artwork, An extra art charge may be added in some cases, but you will always be informed before hand.Copyrights:
Customers warrant that all images supplied for reproduction, whether digital, conventional or otherwise, are unencumbered by copyright and other usage rights connected to the image(s) and agree to hold harmless and indemnify BetterMousepads.com/InfoGraphics for all claims and expenses for any actions in law that may result from the use of these images.Proofs:
Call or write regarding four color processing and pre-production proofs. Ink is matched to COATED Pantone® colors but ink color is not guaranteed to be an exact match. When color matching is critical, always order a production proof.
Digital (PDF) Proofs:
** ORDERS APPROVED BASED ON DIGITAL PROOFS ONLY CAN NOT BE REFUSED TO TO COLOR. Review of digital proofs are to ensure
that all art elements are correctly placed, that all typesetting is accurate and that all colors are printing where required. Due to variations in different computers and monitors digital proofs may not display color accurately.
Pre-Production Proofs: Pre-production proofs are recommended when color matching is critical. Pre-production proofs carry an additional charge and normally add an additonal week to production time.
As your full-service mousepad solution provider, BetterMousepads.com can take your project from idea to final product with exclusive Graphic Design Services for your artwork. Prices range from $50 - $100 / hr. Call for details.Templates:
E-Mail artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here to Upload Artwork via the Web
Mail artwork on CD to the following address:
1067 N 440 W
Orem, UT 84057